Pediatric Infectious Disease
Pediatric Infectious Disease
Pediatrics Infectious Diseases is the area that deals with most commonly observed infectious diseases in children like bone infections, blood infections, tuberculosis, gonococcal infections, syphilis, eczema and pneumonia. But because of improvements in medicine, immunizations, and cleanliness standards, it is now much simpler to prevent infectious diseases.
We provide immunisation and treatment for infectious diseases at Rainbow Children's Hospital. With the help of latest advancements, better vaccinations, and improved hygiene practices, prevention of infectious diseases have become much easier for the diagnosis and treatment of infections, our hospital is committed to offering the highest quality care available.
- Fever Clinic
- Prolonged fever, PUO (pyrexia of unknown origin)
- Recurrent fever
- Patient falling sick frequently
Immunocompromised Host Infection Clinic
- Infection in patients with malignancies, immunodeficiency, & on immune modulator medications
- Pre-transplant evaluation including the need for appropriate immunization for the patient and family members, counseling regarding pets, etc.
- Infections related to solid organ & stem cell transplant
- Recurrent infections of ear, throat, skin (MRSA), lungs, etc.
- Recurrent cough, vomiting, diarrhea
- Recurrent infections and poor growth- concern for Immune Disorders
- Complicated bone and joint infections (septic arthritis, osteomyelitis)
- Concerns for TB (MDR, XDR) and HIV
- Complicated Dengue, Malaria (cerebral), Flu, Chikungunya
- Infection-related to lungs (pneumonia), heart (endocarditis, pericarditis), GI, kidney (complicated/recurrent UTI, renal abscess), brain (meningoencephalitis including HSV)
- Post-exposure care for an animal bite, HIV exposure, Hepatitis B exposure, etc.
- Newborn infections: meningitis, CMV (congenital/acquired), HSV etc
- Complicated infections by multiple drug-resistant organisms including ESBL, NDM, MRSA etc
Travel Medicine Clinic
Vaccinations and preventive care counseling as well as documentation for people travelling outside India for vacation or higher studies.
Complicated and multiple drug resistance organism related infections in the following settings:
- Critical care units: PICU, NICU
- General pediatric
- Kawasaki Disease (recurrent/recalcitrant)
- Surgical branches including
- General Surgery
- Orthopedics (osteomyelitis, septic arthritis)
- Urology, Neurosurgery (VP shunt infections), ENT (AOM, chronic sinusitis, mastoiditis, MOTT infections), - Ophthalmology (orbital cellulitis, endophthalmitis) including post-op infections.
- Immunocompromised host with opportunistic infections including hematology-oncology and transplant patients.
- Newborn Infections (Bacterial, CMV, Toxoplasma, Rubella, HSV etc)
- Secondary HLH (hemophagocytic lymphocytosis)