The Department of Nutrition at the Rainbow Children’s Hospital provides nutritional services to children. Through our nutrition health assessment, we can provide the best care to infants and children and optimize the outcomes. The health assessment includes nutritional scoring, eating patterns, evaluation of eating disorders, body composition analysis, diet intake history, and anthropometry. We create therapeutic plans after calculating all the micro and macronutrients.
Rainbow Children’s Hospital has nutrition experts that provide the following services:
- Assessing patients for nutritional risks
- Evaluating the nutritional needs of the child & making suitable recommendations for meeting them
- Making recommendations for feeding the infant include breast milk, tube feeding, or formula feeding.
- Managing children receiving parenteral nutrition
- Providing education & diet instructions to the parents
Through these services, we can treat the most common conditions in children:
- General nutrition
- Tube feeding assessments
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Poor weight gain or malnutrition
- Picky eating