We will get back to you soon
Conditions that require pediatric urology intervention can be routine as well as complex. Minor urology problems like urinary tract infection with no fever, circumcisions for newborn males, adhesion of the vagina/labia or foreskin, etc. can be taken care of by your family care provider or the pediatrician of your child.
You need to consult a pediatric urologist in Bangalore for issues that are non-routine, ongoing, or urgent. These issues may be related to your child’s urine ducts, kidneys, urethra, bladder, genital, and testicles. Some common conditions that can be treated by pediatric urologists include:
• A bulge in the scrotum or groin (Hernia) • Undescended testicles ? Swelling around the testicles (Hydrocele) • Enlarged veins in the scrotum (Varicoceles) • Urine reflux to the kidneys from the bladder (Vesicoureteral reflux) • Urethra opening in boys being abnormally developed (Hypospadias) • Kidney outflow being blocked (Ureteropelvic junction obstruction) • Neurological disorders related to the bladder Recurrent urinary tract infections causing high fevers (pyelonephritis) • Bladder or kidney stones • Swelling of the kidneys or hydronephrosis, commonly noticed before the birth of the baby. Signs and symptoms to look out for Urologic conditions can be uncomfortable but not all cases require immediate intervention from a specialist. Certain abnormalities associated with urology issues are visible thoroughly, while other symptoms have to be observed through the normal course of a day in your child. Some common symptoms you should know include:
• Mass in the testicle • Genitals being abnormally shaped • Unusual tethering of the skin • Improper location of the urinary opening • A persistent urge for urinating • Poor urinary stream • Frequent urination but in small amounts • A sensation of burn or pain while urinating • Blood in urine • Hesitation to urinate • Strong-smelling or cloudy urine • Pain or lump in the abdomen ? Hernia being developed that gets stuck or is painful, but can be pushed back in the body. When does your child require emergency care? Certain situations require immediate care. Visit the emergency room of children hospital immediately if your kid shows signs like:
• If a hernia is developed that can’t be pushed back inside • Sudden pain or swelling in the testicles, particularly if it is accompanied by a change in testicular position or vomiting Complications associated with ignoring the symptoms Delaying your child’s doctor's appointment may have much more serious repercussions than you might consider. More often than not, children only indicate their issues if the pain becomes unbearable for them. Parents need to be responsible and vigilant to make sure they spot any symptom that can be problematic. There can be unimaginable complications associated with ignoring the symptoms, such as:
• Issues with learning to use toilets • Abnormal curvature of the penis • Possibility of a girl developing pyelonephritis during her pregnancy when she grows up • Blood pressure or hypertension • Kidney failure or scarring Treatments provided by pediatric urologists • Diagnosing and treating conditions that may need surgery • Surgically reconstructing genital abnormalities and urinary tract • Diagnosing and treating kidney stone disease • Surgically administering tumors and issues related to the bladder, testis, and kidney • Treating and evaluating urological tract conditions and diagnosing them before birth What should you do before you consult a pediatric urologist? If you want the diagnosis to be precise and treatment to be effective, you need to be committed as well. Before you make your appointment with a pediatric urologist in Bangalore, you should do the following:
• Make a note of the signs and symptoms your child is showing that might be worrying you • Make sure you have the recent reports and medical history of your child, even if it is related to other health issues • Consider the medical history of your family that your child may have inherited • Prescription for any medication that your child is taking • Note down the questions and queries that you would want to ask the doctor.
It is the responsibility of parents to make urgent appointments if they notice any worrying symptoms. An early and proper diagnosis gives you the best chance at a more comprehensive treatment What does a pediatric urologist do during the appointment? During your visit, the specialist will conduct a physical exam on your child for thoroughly evaluating their condition and providing informed care. They examine to check the problematic area. During the physical exam in any children hospital, your doctor may:
• Press on the back and belly of your child for checking for back pain or abdominal pain • Examine the genital area of your child • Examine the area just above the buttocks for checking the spine.
Pediatric urologists in Bangalore provide information regarding the diagnosis of your child and will answer all your questions. If they do recommend surgery, they will discuss it as well. They will tell you about the need for the surgery, associated risks, possible alternatives, and what you should expect from the procedure. By the time your appointment ends, you will have an idea of what to do next.
Consultant - Pediatric Surgery & Pediatric Urology MBBS, MS(General Surgery), MCH (Paediatric Surgery)