We will get back to you soon
With the lockdown restrictions associated with COVID-19 have started to ease up in several places, is it the right time to plan a doctor’s visit? There are still concerns regarding the visit in person. The Rainbow Children’s Hospital is committed to providing essential services to children & mothers during the pandemic. For this, they have introduced a novel way through which you will be able to meet with your doctor from the comfort and safety of your home. Technological advancement with the ground staff diligence, the hospital has been able to make the process of consultation seamless while ensuring that there are no compromises on the precautions. Here is why you should book an online video consultation instead of visiting the doctor in person:
1. You can get the appointment only if it's necessary - If you have opted for an online consultation, you will be discussing your issues and problems directly with the doctor. After the consultation is over, it might turn out that you don’t have any serious underlying condition and can get rid of the issue by simply taking some over-the-counter medications or following some precautions. However, if the doctor speculates that your symptoms might be the result of a serious underlying condition, you can request a face-to-face appointment. If your case is the latter one, you will get a timely heads-up about your condition.
2. You won’t have to save your medical records - Another advantage of opting for online consultation is that all of your medical reports and history will be digitally saved. If you want to see the reports later, you can just access them using the online portals. Also, if you consult with the same doctor regularly, the digital reports will be easily accessible to the doctors as well.
3. You can consult with the doctor from any location - If you live in a remote area and have to travel a lot to visit the doctor, online visitation might be a boon for you. After all, you can’t visit the doctor just because you are feeling nauseated or having a mild headache. Having the option to get an online video consultation will make this issue go away. All you have to do is use the online platform to talk to the doctor and discuss your doctors. In case of a minor issue, all you would have to do is take some medicine and a few precautions. However, if there is something serious, you might have to meet the doctor face-to-face and undergo some diagnostic tests.
4. You can get assistance anytime - If you have suddenly started to feel ill and are in need of immediate assistance, you can use the online video consultation option. It is the most ideal approach to getting instant advice. With just a few clicks away, you will be able to get a consultation from experienced doctors. You don’t have to visit the doctor and wait for your appointment while you are feeling unwell and need assistance.
5. The online consultation is cost-effective - Medical consultation can cost a lot. Apart from that, you also must spend money and time traveling from and to the hospital. The online doctor consultation can help you get the doctor’s advice right from the safety and comfort of your own home.
6. You need quick medical attention - With online video consultation, you won’t have to wait in the hospital for our appointment. All you have to do is set a time and a practitioner will be there to help you. Consultation can be done through the phone or video chat conference. Now that you have doctors available instantly for you, you can have the best medical attention even if you don’t have the time to make a personal visit.
However, if the online consultation is not enough and you need to visit the doctor personally, you need to take extra precautions. The most important thing is to do your homework and check the measures the hospital is taking to keep the people safe during the pandemic. For example, you need to check the mask requirements, the sanitizing measures, cleaning protocols, social distancing practices, and the number of people allowed in the clinic.
As per the current health scenario, several precautionary measures must be taken to prevent the spread of the infection. At the Rainbow Children’s Hospital, we are committed to providing essential services during these tough times. With the online consultation, you won’t have to worry about compromising the precautions that are important to be maintained during this pandemic.
MD,DNB(PED), Fellow Pediatric Critical Care, Head of Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Consultant Pediatric Intensivist & Pediatrician.
Rainbow Children's Hospital, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad