We will get back to you soon
The day of birth of your baby is one of the most important moments of your life. Having a birth plan package according to your labor and delivery preferences helps you make important decisions beforehand. Through your birth plan, your doctor and the necessary medical professionals know all about what you wish for. On the day your baby is being born, you won’t have to worry about anything other than bringing your baby to the world. It is one of the best maternity booking benefits.
A birth plan is nothing but an outline of what you prefer during your labor and delivery. You may want to include things that you may think would make the process more comfortable for you. Some information you might want to include could be people you want to be with during the time, if you want main medications, or even if you want to dim the lights.
However, you should keep in mind that a birth plan isn’t strictly final because it is not possible to predict things that might happen on the day of delivery. Once your labor begins, there might be a few things that would have to be changed. So, you should be flexible in case something unexpected happens.
Benefits of a birth plan Through your birth plan, your healthcare provider and the staff get to know about your wishes during labor and delivery as well as postpartum. With such a plan, you get to be in more control over the process and feel more confident. You play a major role in the process of decision-making, even in case of unexpected events. You should consult with a pregnancy specialist in Hyderabad about your birth plan and remember to consider unexpected events and accommodate them accordingly.
• During the process of creating a birth plan, you get a chance to research different options beforehand and have an idea of how you feel about things. For instance, when you give birth to your baby, do you want the freedom of eating and sipping on labor aid? After the birth of your baby, what are your preferences about skin-to-skin care and pain management?
• You may know exactly what you want but might not want to talk much when you are going through labor. If you have a birth plan and share it with near ones, you won’t have to keep answering questions when you are in labor.
• When you discuss your plans with your gynaecologist or midwife beforehand, you can also ensure that everyone is on the same page. For some of your requirements, your birth team would want to know in advance to prepare accordingly. Having a conversation about your requirements before the big day is always helpful.
What to include in the birth plan? You may be tempted to include a lot of details in your birth plan but you should keep it short so everyone can read it. Some essential things to include in your birth plan are:
• Make sure you list the basics like your name, contact information, your doctor’s name, and where you are planning to give birth. You should also mention the ones you plan to have there with you.
• Try to include things that you think would make you comfortable. For instance, you might want the light to be dimmed. You may like some soft music to be played or may even want the room to be as quiet as possible.
• Make sure you mention your preferences for your labor. Would you want to be able to walk around freely? Would you want to use a birthing chair, ball, or tool? Would you prefer a bath or a warm shower?
• Another important thing to consider is pain management when you are undergoing labor. For instance, you may or may not want an epidural, but you may need to change your mind during labor. When you are creating your birth plan, consult with the best gynaecologist in Hyderabad to talk about pain relief options, and clear your queries about them.
• You must mention your delivery preferences. Do you want a vaginal birth or a C-section? You may prefer not having an episiotomy unless it is medically essential.
To know more about Birth Plan for pregnant women in Hyderabad, get in touch with BirthRight by Rainbow Hospitals
Consultant Obstetrics and Gynecology MBBS,DGO,DNB
Rainbow Children’s Hospital & BirthRigh, Banjara Hills.