Managed & staffed with the most highly qualified and skilled team of senior consultants, the team at the Neonatology department are available round-the-clock to provide the highest standards of critical care to your children. Comprising of paediatric physician specialists in Emergency Medicine, Anaesthesia, Neurology, Nephrology, and Neurosurgery amongst others, the Department provides the most comprehensive critical care services.
The physicians, nurses and allied medical care professionals are experienced personnel with extensive knowledge, skills and expertise to treat neonates for the best outcomes possible from critical illness or injury. The department employs state-of-the-art technology to augment their efforts. The departments also provides comprehensive follow-up care plan to help families with the challenges of caring for a high-risk new-born and offer special follow-up care.
Additionally, a team of social workers, clinical dieticians, occupational and physical therapists are also available to cater to the neonates while experienced nurses offer unmatched support & care!
The Neonatology Department at Rainbow Hospitals is fully equipped to with a wide range of state-of-the-art facilities to ensure the critical care required by extremely premature and very low birth weight babies. The facilities available include:
- Advanced incubators and warmers
- Invasive and invasive ventilation
- Multi parameter monitors
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
- LED phototherapy units
- 24 hours portable X Ray and Ultrasound
- 24 hours emergency neonatal transport facilities
- Dedicated advanced neonatal ventilators
- High frequency ventilators and transport ventilators
- India’s highest number of neonatal road transport
- Expert neonatal surgical unit with highest number of laparoscopic surgery
- Availability of all in house specialties care such as paediatric neurology, cardiology, paediatric nephrology, metabolic and genetics specialist
- Well organized neonatal neurodevelopment follow-up care
- Trained and dedicated nursing staff
The Neonatology Department at Rainbow Hospitals works closely with various sub-specialities such as
This speciality provides acute critical care for children with complex neurological problems. State-of-the-art facilities for neurological patients,such as Intra cranial pressure monitoring and continuous video EEG monitoring, ensure the highest standards of care while a team of highly qualified Paediatric Neurologists and Neurosurgeons work round-the-clock to meet all contingencies.
Kidney related problems are often detected in children in critical condition. At times, children develop serious kidney disorders requiring advanced medical intervention. Rainbow’s Paediatric Nephrology department seeks to provide the best care to all nephrology conditions.
Rainbow Hospitals houses a dedicated team of expert paediatric surgeons alongside paediatric anaesthesiologists and intensivists to undertake complex surgeries. Surgeries are required for a wide range of conditions and Rainbow offers specialized surgical and post-surgical care.
Paediatric Emergency Transport
Transportation of critically ill children requires specialized vehicles & facilities. Rainbow Hospitals provides transport that includes mechanical ventilation, temperature regulation and vital functions monitoring to ensure that critically ill children receive the first level of intervention enroute to the hospital.
Rainbow Hospitals has pioneered various critical care treatments for children, alongside being the pioneer for various others. Some of the finest achievements at Rainbow Hospitals Group across various cities have been enumerated below:
- Nearly 3000+ preterm babies have been treated at Rainbow with a survival rate of 96%.
- Around 1250+ preterm babies with less than 1500 grams birth weight have been treated with a survival rate of 94%. Our success rate for babies in the 1000 to 1500 grams group aggregates to 96.5%.
- More than 200 neonates with birth weight 1000 grams have survived, which is highest in the country.
- India’s smallest survived baby, born at 25 weeks gestation with 449 grams birth weight is now healthy and growing well.
- Almost 1050 neonateswent through ventilation in the last five years with a survival rate of 86%.
- Nitric Oxide treatment for persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN) is now available at Rainbow Hospitals
- Rainbow offers the largest series of paediatric patients receiving High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation in India.
- Rainbow records approximately 15000 inpatient admissions each year and around 1200 neonates and children are ventilated annually across the three branches.
- We have robust academic programs in place for training of Neonatal Fellows and DNB (Paediatrics) doctors.
- Our state-of-the-art video conferencing and online library facilities contribute immensely for research and education.
Rainbow’s Emergency and transport team conducts around 3000 transports every year and covers around 500 km of radius.